These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on PurebloodMuggle. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- The Terms of Service must be followed at all times. If you have a question about anything contained in them, please contact a member of staff and they will try to answer your question. #
Each person is allowed one account. Accounts may not be shared between multiple persons. Those found to have multiple accounts will be forced to choose between the two; the account(s) not chosen will be permanently banned.
Please note that staff members have access to NPC accounts, which do not count as owning multiple accounts. Non-staff members are not permitted to create NPC accounts. #
You should never give your password to anyone else, including staff members. Staff members will never need your password, and thus will never ask for it. Should a member of staff be asking for your password, please report this to Rhynn and Gryffi immediately.
Should you decide to give out your password after all, this is completely at your own risk. The multi-account rule applies. PurebloodMuggle staff may not be held responsible for anything that happens to your account due to you giving out your password. #
You are expected to respect all other members, regardless of rank. You are naturally allowed to disagree with opinions, but should always do so in a respectful manner.
Having respect for others also means you are not allowed to impersonate staff and non-staff members, NPCs included (outside of designated role-play sections). #
- All content you submit to the site, including but not limited to posts, profile information and signatures, should be PG-13 at most (not recommended for a younger audience, but not restricted). Content which is judged by a staff member to exceed this rating will be removed and you may receive an official warning following this removal. #
- If a section of the site has additional rules posted, you are expected to follow those in addition to the rules contained here. #
- Names found to be inappropriate by staff can and will be changed to a name chosen by them, after which you will be permitted to choose a new username. You may receive an official warning or a three-day ban depending on the severity of inappropriateness, as judged by staff. #
- Account names may not be changed. Premium members are exempt of this rule; as part of their premium membership, they may change their account name within their account settings. #
Signature and avatar
- Your main signature image may not be larger than 500 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. Extras may be added to this to a maximum width of 700 pixels total (including whitespace) and maximum height of 300 pixels total (including whitespace). Signatures found to be larger than this will be edited by a staff member, after which you will be notified of the change. #
- Adoptable pets may be posted in your signature, but must conform to the size rules at all times. You are responsible for removing growing creatures in a timely manner before they reach their adult size if their adult size would cause your signature to exceed the size limits. #
- Signature rotators (websites and tools which make it possible to show a different image upon each refresh of the page) are allowed. However, we strongly advise against the use of grumpybumpers, as it has in the past caused problems. Instead, we recommend randimg.net and signavatar.com. #
- Your avatar may not be larger than 120 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height. #
- Please be aware that all posting rules apply to forum threads, personal messages and chat messages. #
When you first join the site, you are part of the Newly Registered Users group. This means your abilities are limited and your posts will need to be approved by staff before they will be visible. You will automatically be removed from the Newly Registered Users group once 5 posts have been approved.
This system is in place to ensure a safe and positive environment for you and everyone else, free of spambots and trolls looking to do harm. Please be patient; it may take up to a day for your posts to get approved, since staff are all volunteers and have jobs and lives outside of PurebloodMuggle. #
- Swearing is not allowed. Some inappropriate words are automatically censored and you are not allowed to circumvent these censors by typing the words slightly differently. Images containing swears count as swearing. #
- Posting videos is preferably done by embedding them. For youtube videos, a BBCode has been created for this; simply copy the video ID and put it between the youtube tags. #
Posting spam is not allowed. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- posts containing only smilies/emoticons or a high amount thereof
- posts containing only a single word (some forum games may be exempt from this rule on a case-by-case basis)
- posts which do not pertain to the topic (off-topic posts)
- posts in all-caps
- posts in chat speak
- meaningless posts
- Double posting should be avoided as much as possible. If you wish to add something after you have already posted and no one else has posted since, use the 'edit' button located in the top right of all your posts. Unnecessary double posts may be merged by staff. #
Flaming (saying hurtful things to and about others) and trolling are not allowed, neither in posting nor in private messages nor in chat. Joking around is not the same as trolling; however, keep in mind that what is intended as a joke may be perceived as flaming, trolling or bullying by the target. This site is proud to have a very diverse group of users with members from all over the world, from all walks of life. Do not disrespect other peoples' cultures and beliefs and do not threaten or bully other members.
If you feel like you are being flamed, attacked or trolled, we urge you to report this to a staff member immediately. If we don't know about it, we can't do anything about it! To report a post or private message, click the Report button in the top right of the post or message. To report things from the chat, please take a screenshot also containing the date and time and send staff a private message containing said screenshot and a summary of what has happened. #
- Personal fights have no place on this site. Handle them off-site. #
- Posts and other content should be written in English and have to be legible; do not use overly small font sizes or neon colours. It is naturally understandable if you are not a native English speaker and mistakes are forgivable. #
- When creating a new topic, please ensure you are in the correct section. If, after posting, you find out that you were in the wrong section, please report your post and include a comment about why you reported it. Staff will see your report and move the topic to the correct section for you. You will not be penalised for reporting your own post for this reason unless it happens extremely regularly. #
- Back-seat moderating is not permitted. If you notice something which requires staff attention, please report it, preferably by using the report button. #
- Reporting perfectly fine posts which are within the rules should be avoided and may count as trolling, and will be punished as such. Mistakes happen, but if staff suspects underlying malicious reasons they will take appropriate action. #
- Staff is allowed to edit your posts and is not required to notify you of this, though they will usually leave a message within the moderated post. #
- If you or anything you have posted has been moderated, you are expected to respect the staff member's decision and do your best to understand the reasoning behind the moderation, and avoid the same mistake in the future. If you feel a staff member has acted wrong, please contact a staff member with a higher rank. #
You are expected to respect staff at all times. They may at times be strict; this is not personal, it's just the staff member doing their job of keeping the site running safely and smoothly. Not respecting staff is a serious offence and will be punished as such.
However, if you have a problem with a staff member, please contact a staff member with a higher rank. #
At times, staff may need to break forum rules in order to carry out their duties. An example of this is a staff member needing to post off-topic to ensure safety within a thread. There is no need to report such posts.
If, however, you feel a staff member is breaking the rules outside of their staff duties, you are encouraged to report them to a higher-ranked member of staff. #
Child Safety and Privacy
- Content on PurebloodMuggle is PG-13. This means it may not be suitable for young children. We encourage parents to browse this site along with their young children. Staff can only do so much to protect children, after all. #
- Do not share personal information of others unless you have their written consent. We also encourage you to be very careful with posting your own personal information. #
Minors are not allowed to post personal information, including but not limited to photographs of themselves, without their parents' consent. Staff may ask a minor posting personal information to prove their parents' consent.
Members are considered minors if they are 17 years of age or younger. #
Copyright and Plagiarism
- Many parts of this site are directly inspired by the Harry Potter series, written and owned by J. K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment. These parts of PurebloodMuggle are purely intended as homages and fan-art/fiction and we do not claim ownership of these parts. Original creations may be inspired by parts of the universe created by J. K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment, but are not part thereof and are therefore owned by PurebloodMuggle and Grynn's Fairy Tales. #
- You are never allowed to claim someone else's work as your own. Doing so is breaking the law. While we will not report you to law enforcement, we can and do warn and ban for such offences, depending on the severity of the copyright breach. We may also contact the original creator whose work you infringed upon, and cannot be held responsible for any (legal) actions they choose to take. #
- You are not allowed to redistribute PurebloodMuggle content without prior written permission of Rhynn and/or Gryffi. Posting adoptable pets on other websites is permitted, provided they are accompanied by at least one link to PurebloodMuggle. #