myHogwarts

For Harry Potter-themed chatter. Books, films, plays, fan-works; it all goes here!
georgexu94

Ravenclaw
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

myHogwarts

Postby georgexu94 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Anyone here from myHogwarts?
Site: http://myhogwarts.com/pages/home/

It is an interactive forum based on the series. You can experience purchasing your wand, brooms, magical supplies, taking classes, and many more!
:ravenclaw:
Wand: 9 inch ivy, dragon heartstring core

Skyye

Slytherin
Location: Hateshinaku Tooi Sora Ni~ In the endlessly far sky...

Re: myHogwarts

Postby Skyye » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:53 am

It's the first time I heard of it since you posted this and since then got curious and signed up last September!

I eventually forgot about it though.. XD but visited it again and so far it's a fun site! :) I have a different username there btw: Ecthelion.
ImageFlight Rising | FurvillaImage
Pixel Skyye credits: Danul
Signature Credits: Under the SkyyeofEmber spoiler

georgexu94

Ravenclaw

Postby georgexu94 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Skyye wrote:It's the first time I heard of it since you posted this and since then got curious and signed up last September!

I eventually forgot about it though.. XD but visited it again and so far it's a fun site! :) I have a different username there btw: Ecthelion.

:hogwarts: Welcome to myHogwarts! I saw your profile, vaults, and posts.
Do you already know how to go about around the site? There are several guides, FAQs topics as well as admin who can help. I remember also finding my way through when I first signed up. :| Well, I apologise I would not be much help. One, I forgot the usual things to do as an underage. It was a long time since I graduated and became Of-Age there. And two, they changed most of the process to improved them.

:) I am also georgexu94 there.

Skyye

Slytherin

Postby Skyye » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:40 am

georgexu94 wrote: :hogwarts: Welcome to myHogwarts! I saw your profile, vaults, and posts.
Do you already know how to go about around the site? There are several guides, FAQs topics as well as admin who can help. I remember also finding my way through when I first signed up. :| Well, I apologise I would not be much help. One, I forgot the usual things to do as an underage. It was a long time since I graduated and became Of-Age there. And two, they changed most of the process to improved them.

:) I am also georgexu94 there.

Thanks for the welcome! :D Checked out yours too and wow you've got lots of things on your vault..I want all of them too! XD Can't wait to be sorted..I wonder if I get Slytherin as a house again..

Well I think I get the hang out of it now with the help of FAQ and guide and to some users whom I've bombarded with lots of question (I'm quite embarrassed already asking to many.. :oops: ) And no worries, I saw you joined myH 5 years ago so yeah I understand! ;) Also you're the one who introduced to me a whole new way of Hogwarts' experience so I think that's awesome already! :D

And questions (just answer what you can! XD): You could make your own spells right on that site?do you own/rent a house I'd like to visit you sometime during the site's summer! And seeing your myH siggie: How does apparition work?Is it helpful in exploring the site?And how does side-along apparition work? :mrgreen:

georgexu94

Ravenclaw

Postby georgexu94 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:43 pm

:D Oh, those are questions that I can answer.

One, yes, you can make your own spells, but in order to use them, you have to submit that to the Custom Spell Encyclopaedia. The Duelling Chamber is where you can duel against each other (and earn House Points). You have to crack the password in order to gain access. There's the clue in the description. The spells that were not canon and created by other users are in the Custom Spell Encyclopaedia. You can purchase it and once you do, you are sent a password to the copy in Obscurus Books. You are then entitled to use the spells inside. You are not allowed to use these spells, even if you know them, if you do not own a copy. ;) There's an incentive to submit new spells. I think it's one galleon. I am not sure how much.

Two, Of-Ages get to own houses. Students on the other, live in the dormitories. Visiting Of-Ages' homes can only be done during Summer, or recently, if you have a tour to do so. It's a new feature so I don't know how students fet selected. I do not own a house; I live in a Flat above my shop, which is essentially the same thing for me. Oh, did I mention about the shops? People can set up their own shops as well. (We encourage entrepreneurship in the site). Student-owned shops are in Stoatshead Hill, while Of-Age shops are in Devon (which are out of bounds for students during term time, but you can still purchase items from said shops in the Post Office.

And three, having an apprition licence means you get a privilege in jumping to one forum to another through a search bar. You type your destination and boom! You are redirected to the thread or forum. No need for clicking your way through forums, folders and threads. ;) Side-Along apparition is well, played in ypur posts, and not an actual feature, e.g. when as a mediwizard I have to bring someone to St. Mungo's, I simply carry them and apparate with them to the Hospital. Nothing as fancy as the apparition feature.

Crystalink

Gryffindor

Postby Crystalink » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 pm

I have an mH tab open right now, I just signed up for this website, and I instinctively clicked this thread after spotting George's username. I was looking through Grynn's Fairy Tales, which is why I'm here. So answering the opening post, yes, I am from myHogwarts. ;)
:hogwarts:

Skyye

Slytherin

Postby Skyye » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 am

Georgexu: Sorry for the late reply I tend to shy away from long posts. XD

Guessed the password for the Duelling chamber! It was simple, really.. ;) Can't wait to access the stoatshead hill shops after I get sorted! Shame the site has to be down at this time. Because checking the old sorting ceremony threads tomorrow would be the sorting hat's second announcement for students! Now with the downtime that would be delayed..

And thank you for answering my questions that helped a lot! ^_^

--------------------------------------------
Crystalink wrote: So answering the opening post, yes, I am from myHogwarts. ;)

Heya Crystal! :D Nice to see you here! ^^

Crystalink

Gryffindor

Postby Crystalink » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi! Welcome to Gryffindor...on mH... :P
:hogwarts:

Skyye

Slytherin

Postby Skyye » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:04 am

Crystalink wrote:Hi! Welcome to Gryffindor...on mH... :P

Hahah thanks! :D Kinda weird that I'm Slyth here and a Gryff there.. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to hang with you guys in our common room! :D

Return to “The Burrow”