WB Studio Tour Stories

For Harry Potter-themed chatter. Books, films, plays, fan-works; it all goes here!
Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

WB Studio Tour Stories

Postby Rhynn » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:55 am

Anyone else been to the WB Studio Tour in Watford, London? If so, share your stories! Maybe show off some pictures, too - I know the tour changes a bit every once in a while, so even if someone's already posted photos, yours might be different!

I've been twice so far. First time was when I was on holiday in London with my boyfriend. Had an absolutely fantastic time, and I bought a few goodies at the end: a Slytherin Prefect badge, a Chocolate Frog (card was Rowena Ravenclaw), and Snape's wand. Still own all of those - except the frog itself which has been eaten long since xD Of course I also had a mug of Butterbeer, which was really nice.
Will have to look for my photos later though :D

Second time was together with my dad. I went to meet someone from the Pottermore Fan Forum who was on holiday from the USA. We went to London just for the day (took the Eurostar train) and actually took the wrong train to Watford, meaning we were much later than planned... the person we were meeting was late as well though, so it all worked out in the end. Unfortunately we had to rush through it a bit since we had to catch the Eurostar back again, but we still had fun - and made time for another mug of Butterbeer, of course ^_^
This visit was exactly a week before the Hogwarts Express part of the tour opened... so I missed that xD Just means I'll have to go back again sometime!
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

Dulcinea Wilkes

Slytherin

Re: WB Studio Tour Stories

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:54 am

I've been twice. My photos are on my phone, which doesn't have web access so I can't upload any, but rest assured, I took loads. XD I bought a Slytherin mug, a cushion, a t-shirt, some sweets and Bellatrix's wand.

Raytoria

Hufflepuff

Re: WB Studio Tour Stories

Postby Raytoria » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:52 pm

First time I went I was lucky to be one of the few who won tickets to the preview a month before it opened to the public (2012) It was really quite basic back then compared to what it is now! The bridge wasn't open at the time though I believe it is now.

Second time I went was the following year to see 'Hogwarts in the snow'. It was incredible to see. Learning how to duel with a wand had just opened but my Boyfriend wouldn't do it :( Boo! Bridge was open to the public however when I went the weather was too bad so it was closed (GUTTED)

Currently planning a third visit for December this year to see The Hogwarts Express! Cannot wait.

Return to “The Burrow”