Quick Questions

Have a question, problem or idea? Post here and staff will take a look!
Forum rules
Has your problem been solved, question answered, or request completed? Please mark your topic as 'solved' by clicking the checkmark button in the top right of the first post!
Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Quick Questions

Postby Rhynn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:39 pm

If you have a small, quick question that doesn't need its own topic, please post it here. Other users or members of staff will answer as soon as they can.
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Lindsay » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi! This isn't a huge deal or anything, just something I have noticed. The Remember Me option that I always check when I login doesn't work for me on this forum, but it does work for other similar forums, so I don't think it's my device, unless I'm overlooking something. I check the Remember Me box every time I login, but every time I return to the forum, I have to log back in. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Rhynn

Postby Rhynn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:12 pm

I have noticed I sometimes get logged out as well - usually after a long downtime. It does remember me most of the time but it's very weird that it just randomly logs us out.

For now I'm going to assume it'll be fixed once we move to a different host; this one has its fair share of problems (it doesn't send out email notifications, despite all settings being correct) and I'm liking it less and less. The chance of moving before the time we've paid for is actually used up is getting bigger every day!
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop

Messenger

Hufflepuff

Postby Messenger » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, I couldn't find it. How can I earn Galleons apart from robbing people?
Seeking the Slytherin 'Value: Cunning' card. Will trade duplicate card of equal value. :)
Also seeking to complete my Hufflepuff collection - will trade duplicate cards. :)

Rhynn

Postby Rhynn » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Posting is the main form of earning Galleons; you earn some for every post you make (just beware of spamming, which is against the rules). More Galleons are earned for creating a new topic.
Other ways of earning are depositing Galleons in Gringotts (to get there, click your points at the top of the page) and earning interest, and playing the Lottery - of course that takes luck, but if you do win the jackpot will generally be very nice :)

There will hopefully be more ways to earn them in the future (for instance through selling collectables to other players) but as those features aren't done yet, the above ways are currently how you earn Galleons!
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop

Messenger

Hufflepuff

Postby Messenger » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Ah, thank you!
Seeking the Slytherin 'Value: Cunning' card. Will trade duplicate card of equal value. :)
Also seeking to complete my Hufflepuff collection - will trade duplicate cards. :)

Messenger

Hufflepuff

Postby Messenger » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 am

With the lucky lottery, what are the chances of nobody winning? Because they seem to be pretty high, and I'm wondering whether or not they're related to the number of people who enter, the size of the jackpot, or whether it's a fixed percentage.

Rhynn

Postby Rhynn » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm

There's a rather high chance of nobody winning, that way there are nice high jackpots when someone DOES win :) I won't divulge the exact details, but the amount of people entering does matter, but the size of the jackpot does not.
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop

Messenger

Hufflepuff

Postby Messenger » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Rhynn wrote:There's a rather high chance of nobody winning, that way there are nice high jackpots when someone DOES win :) I won't divulge the exact details, but the amount of people entering does matter, but the size of the jackpot does not.

Okay, thank you. I see your point about nice high jackpots. :) And now that I think of it, the amount of people influences the jackpot, so that makes sense too. :D

River

Hufflepuff

Postby River » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:23 am

Just a quick comment, on my tablet or phone, in portrait mode, the points are really hard to find, the only place they show is in the drop down menu with the three lines, but because this has so many options you even have to scroll down within there to find them.

Is it possible to maybe just reorder that menu?

Return to “Questions, Suggestions & Requests”