Quick Questions

Have a question, problem or idea? Post here and staff will take a look!
Forum rules
Has your problem been solved, question answered, or request completed? Please mark your topic as 'solved' by clicking the checkmark button in the top right of the first post!
Rook

Slytherin
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:21 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Rook » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:18 pm

So, it's probably me and I'm probably missing something, but why are special card packs which include 7 common cards dearer than standard card packs which also include 7 cards, 2 of which are of greater value? Is there some kind of opening sale on the standard packs or something?

User avatar
Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Curaçao
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Rhynn » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:34 pm

River wrote:Just a quick comment, on my tablet or phone, in portrait mode, the points are really hard to find, the only place they show is in the drop down menu with the three lines, but because this has so many options you even have to scroll down within there to find them.

Is it possible to maybe just reorder that menu?


The mobile version of the site hasn't actually had any work done at all yet, unfortunately. It's high on the priority list, but I really need to do some preparatory work for the adoptables before I can start working on the mobile site; the adoptables are the goal of this place, so I deem it more important.

I will make sure to make the points easily accessible on the mobile site once I do start working on it, however!

Rook wrote:So, it's probably me and I'm probably missing something, but why are special card packs which include 7 common cards dearer than standard card packs which also include 7 cards, 2 of which are of greater value? Is there some kind of opening sale on the standard packs or something?


This is exactly the sort of feedback I've been hoping for with the card packs actually! I really wasn't sure how to price them in a way that really makes sense, since I can think of reasons both to make them more expensive than standard, and reasons to make them cheaper.
(Standard is the 'normal', regular type of pack so it's the cheapest, Common Card Packs are more specific and pick from a smaller range of cards so there's a higher chance of getting the cards you're after when you choose to buy it; on the other hand, it has no chance of giving you rare cards, so the price should be at least similar).
I don't think I want to go as far as to make them cheaper than standard packs, but I'm considering just making them the same price... I really do want more thoughts on this, though!
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

User avatar
Messenger

Hufflepuff
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Library

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Messenger » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Rhynn wrote:
Rook wrote:So, it's probably me and I'm probably missing something, but why are special card packs which include 7 common cards dearer than standard card packs which also include 7 cards, 2 of which are of greater value? Is there some kind of opening sale on the standard packs or something?


This is exactly the sort of feedback I've been hoping for with the card packs actually! I really wasn't sure how to price them in a way that really makes sense, since I can think of reasons both to make them more expensive than standard, and reasons to make them cheaper.
(Standard is the 'normal', regular type of pack so it's the cheapest, Common Card Packs are more specific and pick from a smaller range of cards so there's a higher chance of getting the cards you're after when you choose to buy it; on the other hand, it has no chance of giving you rare cards, so the price should be at least similar).
I don't think I want to go as far as to make them cheaper than standard packs, but I'm considering just making them the same price... I really do want more thoughts on this, though!


I was also puzzled by the common pack pricing, but then when I realised that they were more specific, and decided that that was probably the reason.

I can't really say what I think would be a good price for them, because I feel they should be both cheaper and more expensive that standard packs, which is a tiny bit impossible. :lol:
Seeking the Slytherin 'Value: Cunning' card. Will trade duplicate card of equal value. :)
Also seeking to complete my Hufflepuff collection - will trade duplicate cards. :)

User avatar
Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Curaçao
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Rhynn » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Messenger wrote:because I feel they should be both cheaper and more expensive that standard packs, which is a tiny bit impossible. :lol:


See, that's exactly how I feel, I've said that exact same thing xD I think for now I'll leave it as-is, and ask for feedback about it once we've got more members and card sets :)
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

RejectSoul

Slytherin
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby RejectSoul » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:16 am

Is there a guide to what the different images beside the topics stand for? I get the open/closed books but not the colors and the brooms...

User avatar
Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:41 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Alameda, Ostlea
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Gryffi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:30 pm

RejectSoul wrote:Is there a guide to what the different images beside the topics stand for? I get the open/closed books but not the colors and the brooms...

At the moment we do not, I can give a quick explaination though! Blue books are "popular" topics, red just your standard topic and a broom indicates a moved topic. :3
Image
Image Image Image Image

Snowwall

Hufflepuff
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:30 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Snowwall » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:16 am

After sorting I get "The requested page “hufflepuff” is not available." Is that House so unpopular it didn't even get tested and operational? ;)

User avatar
Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Curaçao
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Rhynn » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:25 pm

It was completely functional actually, it not working is news to me! I'll have a look at it :)

*Edit* I've just tested all options and they all work... either the site was having a little hiccup, or you weren't logged in, since the page is only available to members who are logged in.
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image


Return to “Questions, Suggestions & Requests”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest