Pets

Relax and have some fun in the Leaky Cauldron, the best wizarding pub in London!
Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Pets

Postby Gryffi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Almost everyone's had one in the past or does now, tell us about your animal friends and share your stories :D
Image Image Image Image

FallenAngel101

Hufflepuff

Re: Pets

Postby FallenAngel101 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Well, I has 8 chickens, 2 dogs and uno cat. The cat is Tilly and she is the grumpest of the animals. The two dogs are labs, the chocolate one is Shiloh and the Black one is Dakota. And the eight chickens are: Fluffy, Sprinkles, Brownie, Banana, Snickers, Yami, Oreo, and Ruby.
Gryffi is my queen!

Skyye

Slytherin
Location: Hateshinaku Tooi Sora Ni~ In the endlessly far sky...

Postby Skyye » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:18 am

We had dogs before and the last one just got lost, or maybe taken to the pound. D: Angel was his name and he was not purebred.I miss him. :( And since then cats just took over.

It started when my sister took home an orange stray cat whom we named Eden from the Heroes TV series. The cat turned out to be a he but the name stuck anyway. Then came Yuki another stray my sister brought home from work and then Pandora who followed her to our home. From then on our cat coven grew to a point we had 13 cats! Now we're down to 5 since others went away and never came back or got into accidents or died naturally somewhere else.

So the names of our cats and their name references.
From Yuki's line:
Tarsi (named after our own native animal the Tarsier)
Simba, (from Lion King)
Snowy(Tin Tin comics/cartoon)
Gordo
Snowball

The one who's still alive is Snowy son of Yuki.

Then from Pandora's line:
Akasha (Queen of the Damned movie/book - Anne Rice -)
Precious (Lord of the Rings ref to Gollum's line 'my precious')
Tigger (Winnie the Pooh!)
Anansi (Anansi Boys book by Neil Gaiman)
Arwen (Lotr)
Selecta (Ice Cream Brand)
Gray (Fairy Tail but a girl)
Arya (Game of Thrones)
Bilbo (LOTR)
Lucci (referenced from a local celebrity's son but the cat is a she)
Sansa (GoT)
Alden (famous local celebrity)

Survivors: Gray the daughter of Precious daughter of Pandora; Bilbo son of Akasha daughter of Pandora;Sansa daughter of Gray and Alden son of Gray, daughter of Precious daughter of Pandora.

I kinda made a family tree of them so yeah.. :mrgreen:
ImageFlight Rising | FurvillaImage
Pixel Skyye credits: Danul
Signature Credits: Under the SkyyeofEmber spoiler

Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member

Postby Gryffi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 am

My fur family's pretty large at the moment... Right now we have:

1 dog, Bubby. I swear she's really a cat though, I have a tendency to count her as one. >.>;
7 cats, 3 leetle tuxedos- Stache/Fluffy/Floofy, Kiki and Baby Kitty/Susie. All three of these girls came from a stray kitty I took care of for a couple of years. I don't know what happened to her unfortunately, she was a really awesome cat. The other 4 are all calicos, Hannah, she's real pretty, mostly a mix of grey and orange. Abby who I sometimes call George, she's a bit loopy but we're best buddies. And then there's Lily and Riley, they're sisters who we adopted a few years ago now :-? They were only six weeks old when we got them, Riley was smaller than the palm of my hand, no one thought she would make it, Lily was about twice her size but COVERED in fleas. Not kidding, there was more fleas than kitten o-o I have no idea how she survived but she's been my little baby ever since, she acts like a toddler sometimes XD Most of the time really, she crawls up my leg and reaches her little feet at me wanting to be picked up and almost everytime I leave the house she'll sit by the door and yell until I come back, drives my mom crazy XD It's probably bad but sometimes I actually forget to count her as a pet and think of her as "the child" x:
We also have a bird, Leo. He's a sunburst conure, he leads my fan club, calls anyone he likes by my name XD
There's also our leelte chinchilla Sohpie who i call Fi most of the time, a half angora bunny named Jay and at the moment 4 beta fish, unfortunately Tim the 5th fish died a couple of days ago .-. He was gorgeous too, pure white with blue tipped fins
Image Image Image Image

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:02 am

My doggy was my "baby" before my real baby was even born. I got my miniature pinscher (minpin) when I was still in college from an older gentleman that could not care for him. He was approx 8 months old at the time and the tiniest, skinniest little guy! The gentleman had been calling him "Pepino." I quickly brought him home and renamed him Sparka Roo (many nicknames include Roozle, Roo Magoo, Roozie, Sparka Barka, etc). He is black and tan, and definitely the "runt," at only 5-6 lbs.

He has always been very protective of me. He thinks he's bigger than he actually is, and will bark and bark and bark. He "marks his territory" a lot, and that has even included ME a few times in the past! :o :lol:

He was super spoiled for many years before we had our son. He slept under the covers in between my legs. He received constant "treats" and snuggles. He was entered into the local Pet Parade at Halloween time each year as a skunk (and he was quite convincing! :lol:).

He was the first one who knew when I was pregnant with my son. He knew before I knew. He barked and acted strangely around me for days before I finally found out for sure. The first day we brought our son home, he barked like crazy. But he quickly settled down and got used to him, and they have been good buddies ever since.

He is now 13 years-old and an old man. His fur has turned grey in spots around his face. He is mostly blind and tends to bump into things and "get lost" in the backyard, and has trouble finding his way back inside. Poor little guy. He has had a great life, but I fear it is now nearing the end. My son and I will be devastated when we lose him. He has definitely been a wonderful part of our family.

Styxamix

Gryffindor

Postby Styxamix » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Currently we have 3 dogs and a cat. The cat thinks she is a dog and tries to do the same thing (go outside).
Dogs:
Portia, 13 year old German Shepard mix with arthritic hips. My wife says she is actually an old Jewish man in a fur coat, who barks ana whines in Yiddish.
Lexis, 11 year old Boxer mix, who is for the most part really laid back. She can get nasty sometimes (just doesn't have a good day sometimes).
Ghia, 6 or 7 year old Beagle mix. My wife found her abandoned at the dog park on a 100 degree July day, and couldn't leave her. (Promised to find her a home, yeah right!!!) She is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, however she has my wife wrapped around the "Little Paw"

Cat:
Arwen, 8 year old Blue point Ragdoll. She was brought home by my son, because his friends where going to just put her out of the house. When she arrived hidden in the coat, it was kind of funny. We ask my son, "What's in your coat?" The reply was "Nothing" Then a head popped out and said "Merow?" We also thought she was a he and so was named Gandalf, take to the vet and now the name is Arwen. Being a Ragdoll she is a big cat like a Mainecoon, she tips the scales at 22 pounds.
Styx: Just passed away from Hyper Thyroid disease and kidney failure. He was 16 years old and a Flame Point Siamese.

Sapphire

Ravenclaw

Postby Sapphire » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:28 pm

At the moment I dogsit a lot, but one in particular which is my dad's dog might as we'll be mine because I look after him so often is called Zigg, and he used to be my uncle's dog but they couldn't look after him anymore. He's supposed to be a Patterdale terrier, which we thought he was when we first saw him as a puppy, but now he's just a mixture of everything - he has the legs of a poodle, the tail of a shi-tzu, the colouring/personality/looks of a spaniel, and might as well be part kangaroo because he jumps over five feet in the air when he's happy :) He's lovely, though he is so destructive with toys! He's an excellent footballer but rips them to shreds immediately and then looks all sad when he pops them...
ImageImageImage

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:25 am

I have an 8 year old beagle who looks a like the dog Wishbone.
Spoiler: show
This is Wishbone but my dog looks almost identical except he has the brown under his eye under the brown ear.

My husband and I rescued him from a shelter after we had bought our first house. We bought him so we could have some company with us in the house...then only three months later we found out we were going to have our first child. :lol: He is such a good dog and loves the boys. He used to let them play all over him when they were babies.

Avalonemyst

Ravenclaw

Postby Avalonemyst » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 pm

I currently have one puppy-dog Daisy who is technically two (she acts a year younger) who I adopted from a rescue group she is a Labrador/Rhodesian ridge-back/Collie mix who is on the smaller side and is my baby. She has some issues from being left at a shelter at 8 months but I think that the issues just make her more lovable. She thinks that anything she sees the cats doing she can too. My mom has one cat named Mika who is an absolute spitfire in a compact size and loves biting ankles. I also live with my sister's cat Sera (that my sister left behind when she went to college taking her other cat with her). Sera is a afraidy-cat and a small Maine coon only 8 pounds, she's been in a bad mood since my sister left and likes to slap ankles hard enough to leave a bruise, she also wanders through the house doing little diva cries (the water is too low!, I'm going to bed, Ice Cream gimme!).

Return to “The Leaky Cauldron”