Chatter

Relax and have some fun in the Leaky Cauldron, the best wizarding pub in London!
Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Chatter

Postby Lindsay » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey Elena! Yes life is certainly hectic right now.

First grade is going well so far, but so much homework! Actually it's probably not that much, relatively speaking, but it is a lot to get used to. Monday-Wednesday is Decodable book, Blending Worksheet, sight words, spelling words, and either a math or language worksheet. Thursday is Decodable, Blending, and prepare for spelling test Fri morn. None (usually) over the weekend. Weds we have to remember to send back his library book. Fri we have to remember to wear sneakers (he usually does anyway). So many papers to sort through, fill out, file, display, return...ahhhh it's a lot! But we are slowly getting in a groove (a month into the school year :lol:).

Anyone here in the path of Hurricane Matthew? Yesterday it looked like he might make his way up to us this weekend, but he shifted overnight and now it seems he will head east halfway up the coast. I'm praying for the southern coastal areas, though! :?

No Christmas shopping yet for me! Haven't even bought our Halloween costumes yet. My son has decided that we will be Pokémon themed this year, but I still need to place the order. Between him starting first grade and me getting a promotion at work, my brain is split in so many different directions right now that there's not much room for much else at the moment! :lol:

Hope you all are well and interested to hear if there is anything interesting going on with any of you!

Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist

Postby Rhynn » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Yup, I was in the path of Hurricane Matthew... but by some freak occurrence of nature, it completely skipped us. Even meteorologists weren't sure how that could have happened for a while xD
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member

Postby Gryffi » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Elena wrote:Crazy question...has anyone started Christmas shopping? :shock: I should but haven't yet. We also have birthdays before and after Christmas so it's all jammed packed into a few months!

Christmas shopping starts December 26th. ALWAYS BE PREPARED! Also... There's awesome sales right after Christmas so... Yeah XD
Image Image Image Image

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Glad to hear Matthew skipped over your area, Rhynn! He was pretty nasty, and we just got a bunch of rain and flooding.

Halloween costumes have arrived! J is Pikachu and I am a Pokeball (just a t-shirt, not a big round puffy costume or anything :lol:). We have a Halloween party at my work next weekend (I manage an inflatable bounce house center for kids, so my son gets to come and have a blast). Then the following weekend is our town's annual Sea Witch Festival, which is a huge weekend-long Halloween celebration that takes over the entire town and even parts of neighboring towns. We have 2 huge parades (one for people and one for pets!), tons of booths, activities, scavenger hunts, Trick-or-Treating in 2 towns on 2 different nights, a Trick-or-Treat Fantasy trail on the sand through the woods at the State Park, parties at the YMCA, horseback riding on the beach, make-your-own lifesize (or bigger!) Scarecrow, and on and on. It is so so so much fun. Last year my son and I rode on the float for my work in the parade and that was his favorite part of the entire weekend. Hoping to do that again this year. Then for trick-or-treating on the actual evening of Halloween (which feels a bit anticlimactic by that point, haha), we opt to go around the shops at the Outlet shopping centers, because it is earlier in the evening, well-lit, and safe. So that's the rest of our October...lots of Halloween fun!

Anyone else have fun Halloween plans? Or anything else coming up?

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:14 am

Glad to hear it skipped over you too, Rhynn. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the path of a hurricane!

Sounds like you guys will have a nice Halloween Lindsay. The boys decided on their costume just a few days ago, Batman (dark knight) and Stormtrooper. We have a Halloween event up at my sons school tonight, which should be fun but hopefully not too chilly! I'm still not sure what we plan to do on Halloween night. We might meet up with some friends and their kids or just go visit our parents.

You are right Gryffi! I should start shopping right after Christmas but I'm usually broke :lol: Both of the boys have birthdays right around Christmas so I usually wait until now to start shopping! Plus it's hard to do the shopping for them when they are always with me when I shop :D

Return to “The Leaky Cauldron”