Chatter

Relax and have some fun in the Leaky Cauldron, the best wizarding pub in London!
Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Chatter

Postby Lindsay » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Hope your camping trip is fun, Elena! Fingers crossed that the weather is perfect! :) How are the kiddos? We just had a Paw Patrol themed 6th birthday party for my son at my work; an inflatable bounce house center for kids. It was held after school was already over for the year, so he had fun seeing some of his classmates from Kindergarten again, and also had some cousins and some fellow YMCA day-campers attend as well.

What's everybody up to? Anyone else have any upcoming trips or anything interesting planned?

Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist

Postby Rhynn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm going kayaking tomorrow :) Nothing else planned, but I'm looking forward to the kayaking; haven't done that in forever!
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Ooh sounds fun, Rhynn! Despite living surrounded by multiple bodies of water (ocean, bay, rivers, lakes, and ponds), I have never been kayaking! Will you be going the adventurous or more relaxing route? What type of water are you going out in? Have fun! 8-)

Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist

Postby Rhynn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Relaxing for sure, there's no wild adventurous water out here unless you actually go out onto the ocean... which is a bit too much for me haha! We'll be kayaking in a... hrm, don't know the word for it :V it's a body of water connected to the ocean with a narrow bit of water (click for google maps link of what I mean xD). It's one of the richer parts of the island, so we'll be looking at all the fancy expensive houses haha :D
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

xxBurningxx

Ravenclaw

Postby xxBurningxx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:36 pm

I've never been kayaking, but the town I'm from is very touristy and well-known for its rivers. The novelty obviously has no effect on those of us who live here and I haven't been in a while, but I used to go river tubing a lot as a kid. Going down the tube chute and the little dams is the most fun. XD
"I took my baby's breath beneath the chandelier
of stars and atmosphere
and watched her disappear into the midnight show."

ImageImageImage

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks! :) A nice quiet weekend away will do us good.

The boys are great, having a fun summer at the pool and parks. We have spent some time down at the family club house on the local river. Unfortunately the river has not been cooperating this year. It has been higher than normal due to all the rain.

Glad to hear your son had fun at the party, Lindsay. It sounds like a great time for the kids!

Kayaking sounds like fun. I haven't tried it yet but would really like to. My in-laws have a few and I have been meaning to try it out! We usually go in a canoe or on tubes.

HazelMagic

Ravenclaw

Postby HazelMagic » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:00 am

I went white-water rafting when I was 17 - that was fun! It was with a school trip. Oh heavens, I was such a nerd in those days! If you think I'm a nerd now... you have no idea!

You know when you think back on yourself at a certain age and can't help thinking what a freaking nerd you were?

Dulcinea Wilkes

Slytherin

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Worked in the garden this afternoon; put in lots of lovely flowers and pulled lots of weeds. Gonna get some more flowers on my next day off and hopefully, will soon have a great garden to sit in.

Raytoria

Hufflepuff

Postby Raytoria » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Hey guys! I recently got back onto PFF and saw everyone had moved over here. Wow, has Rhynn created this new forum?
Looks amazing. Can't wait to see what comes of it :)

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Hey Ray! It's great to see you again. :D Yep, and it just opened up on July 8th.

I've sorted you into Hufflepuff so you can now see our common room.

Return to “The Leaky Cauldron”