Chatter

Relax and have some fun in the Leaky Cauldron, the best wizarding pub in London!
Sapphire

Ravenclaw
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Chatter

Postby Sapphire » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks guys! I managed just about to cast the arm without too much difficulty, though I had to improvise a little. I've just bought the jacket I'm going to wear today, so just have to finish the arm and make sure everything fits together :)
I hope start of term goes well for you Hazel, I know it'll be great :D
ImageImageImage

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:50 pm

The shield looks great Sapphire!

We went on our yearly camping trip over the weekend and had a great time. We had perfect weather for the float and cooler in the evening by the fire. And the best part is no sunburn! Last year I was lobster red when I got home.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. :D

HazelMagic

Ravenclaw

Postby HazelMagic » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Oooh Excited to see the whole outfit Sapphire!

Start of term has been fine so far, I'm just a little less than keen for it still! Maybe I'll get more into it later.

Oooh Camping trip!! I want one too!!! Sounds amazing Elena! Proud of you for not getting sunburnt.

Sapphire

Ravenclaw

Postby Sapphire » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:55 am

Ooh that camping trip sounds amazing Elena! (Closest Ive had to camping out was a tent in my back garden which was interesting to say the least but a looong story lol)

Costume is coming along alright - I've kinda given up on the arm for a couple days because I was getting frustrated. The jacket I've bought is too pretty to destroy so I'm trying to make the arm go over the left sleeve - it's not brilliant but I'll get there! Might just wrap duct tape around it all and draw on the details, but I'm planning on getting a friend (captain America) to wear it while I sort out the design. I've been mainly working on the "weapons" belt and making fake knives to go on holsters. I don't exactly want to go through two train stations with knives and guns so I'm making them so I can just strap them on when I get there :)
ImageImageImage

HazelMagic

Ravenclaw

Postby HazelMagic » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:00 am

Guys... it's weekend!!!! Yey!!!

It's been a hectic week for me - Hope you've all had a good one.

Sapphire, I think it's probably a good plan to make them so you can put them on there - with the current climate it might be a good idea not to make them too realistic either way xD

Also, while I'm here, thanks to Rhynn and the mods for creating this lovely space for us to come and forget about the world. It's so great to have a place where the most stressful thing is finding someone to trade that card you're looking for... Thank you!

Sapphire

Ravenclaw

Postby Sapphire » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:38 am

I'm glad school isn't too terrible Hazel :) I've got a couple more months before the start of uni (fingers crossed I get in!)

I agree with you about this space, PM and PFF have always been places where we can come and forget about our worries for a little while, so thank you Rhynn and the mods for giving us this :)

Metal arm is proving more and more difficult, though I think I've cracked it, in the most unusual way lol. I ended up finding a pair of old socks and cutting them up, they're perfect to wrap around the jacket arm to keep it fitted but not ruined by the tape, which I'm in the middle of wrapping around the socks to make them look like the arm. It also means I can have a full arm instead of two separate pieces, so it's a lot easier to move around :) Only a few days to go know though! (Con is on the 30th) it's going to be a hectic weekend, on Sunday I'm getting up early to make it to the bookstore to wait in the queue for Cursed Child. It'll be worth it though! :D
ImageImageImage

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:48 pm

I'm glad you found a way to make your metal arms, Sapphire. I think it's a very creative way :) Especially when you don't want to ruin a nice jacket. Have fun and let us know how it went!

And I agree, thank you Rhynn. These sites are the best way to relax and have some fun. :) I also like having a collecting hobby that doesn't drain my bank account!

HazelMagic

Ravenclaw

Postby HazelMagic » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:42 am

Elena wrote:I also like having a collecting hobby that doesn't drain my bank account!

This is so true!

Good luck for the con this weekend, Sapph, and please post pictures if you can afterwards!

Have you guys also had a long week? I'm just so glad it's friday!

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:39 am

HazelMagic wrote:
Have you guys also had a long week? I'm just so glad it's friday!

My weeks go by both quickly and slowly at the same time. If that's possible or makes any sense. Kind of like the quote I once heard, something to the effect of "the days go slowly, but the years go quickly." It's like in the moment it seems to take forever, but when you look back you think "wow, that was fast." Since becoming a parent my life has been like that.

But I am very glad it's Friday because I (should) have a short day at work today, then taking my son to our State Fair this evening! So much fun! :D

Rhynn

SlytherinAdministratorArtist

Postby Rhynn » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:10 am

Whew, I've had a busy few days x_x Took over an adoptables website together with Gryffi (Mysgardia), they were looking for new people to run the site and well. We couldn't resist :'D
That led to finally setting up the site for our 'mothership' project, Grynn's Fairy Tales... which we did in two days flat, from domain registration to launch.

And I managed to find time to read Cursed Child from start to finish. Granted, it was when I was supposed to be asleep, but I still did sleep for 8 hours afterwards, so I think I did alright :'D
"Alas! Nine sickles and a Dungbomb. This is my lucky day!"
ImageImageImage
Card AlbumCard Shop
Want to support me? Image

Return to “The Leaky Cauldron”