Chatter

Relax and have some fun in the Leaky Cauldron, the best wizarding pub in London!
RejectSoul

Slytherin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Chatter

Postby RejectSoul » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Well, I did watch the movies all within two days, a crap ton of fanfiction is nothing

Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member

Postby Gryffi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:29 pm

Next step: Crapton of fanfiction while watching all the movies and reading all the books. Master multitasking and the Harry Potter universe AT THE SAME TIME!
Image Image Image Image

RejectSoul

Slytherin

Postby RejectSoul » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Gryffi wrote:Next step: Crapton of fanfiction while watching all the movies and reading all the books. Master multitasking and the Harry Potter universe AT THE SAME TIME!

I will be happy to volunteer my Fanfiction List of Awesome. FLA is the way to go! :P

Sapphire

Ravenclaw

Postby Sapphire » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi guys, sorry I haven't dropped in (you wouldn't believe the week I've had lol) but comic con was amazing! I'll drop links to my photos in the spoiler (because I still can't host images for some reason) but it was just as good as last year, if not better! I saw some fantastic cosplays, especially the Thor in line near us who was the spitting image of Chris Hemsworth, only with longer hair (couldn't get a photo) and there was a Wanda and Cosmo (Fairly Odd Parents) near us who were trying to colour the girl's hair pink and they noticed us watching, yelled "Bucky!" and gave me a really cute star saying "You're a star!" Also saw Warwick Davis, didn't get a photo because the queue was ridiculous, but the Iron Throne was awesome! I tried to get on it but Superman was taking his sweet time on it so we went to get food instead :D. Got a couple of Captain America comics as well, and some gorgeous cupcakes, as well as some pretty cool cookie cutters :)

Photos:

Spoiler: show
Just a few photos from the day:

https://imgur.com/a/01DUX

Me with Cap, Thor and Daredevil (still not down with the whole my face being online, hence the square):

https://imgur.com/a/MNqiY

The cute little star:

https://imgur.com/a/maXoz

A better photo of the arm (though it was the end of the day so it was battered, and the costume doesn't have any of the weapons/accessories):

https://imgur.com/a/G2sgO

Also...the weird week...um...I'm kinda...going to be on TV next week?? I'm talking like a national news channel?? My college wants me to do publicity for them on camera for results day, like I needed anything else to worry about lol - I've got my driving test and A-Level results in the space of two days!
ImageImageImage

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:31 am

That sounds so awesome, Sapphire! :D Can't wait to check out the pics later when I have more time.

And congrats on your tv appearance! Maybe post a clip for us when it's complete? :)

Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member

Postby Gryffi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:27 pm

o: You will be a star! You should post a clip if you can/don't mind us watching. I'd like to see
Image Image Image Image

Sapphire

Ravenclaw

Postby Sapphire » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:51 am

GUESS WHO GOT INTO UNI?? WHOOP WHOOP! :D I got A*, A* , B, D (though tbh I expected a U lol) Got a confirmed place for Classics & Egyptology :) And luckily I didn't end up on TV (thank god!) but I had to have photos done - I've only seen one which was pretty good, though the pro photographers made me have these enormous A balloons and mademe put my head through them hole in one of them...very cringy...but it could have been worse :D I'm so excited now!
ImageImageImage

HazelMagic

Ravenclaw

Postby HazelMagic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Congrats Sapph! That's excellent news! Excellent A level results :) My best friend is doing his PhD in classics, so I know all about it... Second hand! It's absolutely fascinating and i think you'll love it.

Pity about the awkward photographs... Why do they always have to make things weird?

I've also been missing a lot recently.... Life went weird and time consuming... And then i got bronchitis. And broke my laptop power cable. So life is weird... But it's mostly good weird :)

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:40 am

Fantastic news, Sapphire! So exciting!! Congrats and good luck! :D

Sorry to hear about the bronchitis, and broken laptop cable, and weirdness, Hazel! Hope you are feeling better!

2 weeks until my little Nugget begins 1st grade. He turned 6 this past Saturday (though we have been celebrating almost the whole summer--nah, he's not spoiled much :roll: ). I am so ready for Fall and for the school year routine to begin! This Summer has been too hectic (not to mention oppressively humid) for my liking. I am just ready for our routine to smooth back out, the traffic to dissipate, and the humidity to break. :)

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

*blows dust off*

Thought I'd pop in here and dust this old thread off and see how everyone was doing. Crazy and hectic, right? ;)

That's great news Sapphire! Congrats :D
Hope you are feeling better Hazel. Good weird is always good thing...I think :P
Kids grow up too fast! I hope your son is enjoying first grade Lindsay. :)

I've just been busy with the kids and life. We ran into some personal family issues over the past few months but slowly it's all getting better. We are also planning a big family pumpkin patch trip. My sister and her daughter are going for her first trip, which will be fun. :D

Crazy question...has anyone started Christmas shopping? :shock: I should but haven't yet. We also have birthdays before and after Christmas so it's all jammed packed into a few months!

Return to “The Leaky Cauldron”