Chatter

Relax and have some fun in the Leaky Cauldron, the best wizarding pub in London!
RejectSoul

Slytherin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Chatter

Postby RejectSoul » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Well, I did watch the movies all within two days, a crap ton of fanfiction is nothing

Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member

Postby Gryffi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:29 pm

Next step: Crapton of fanfiction while watching all the movies and reading all the books. Master multitasking and the Harry Potter universe AT THE SAME TIME!

RejectSoul

Slytherin

Postby RejectSoul » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Sapphire

Ravenclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sapphire » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi guys, sorry I haven't dropped in (you wouldn't believe the week I've had lol) but comic con was amazing! I'll drop links to my photos in the spoiler (because I still can't host images for some reason) but it was just as good as last year, if not better! I saw some fantastic cosplays, especially the Thor in line near us who was the spitting image of Chris Hemsworth, only with longer hair (couldn't get a photo) and there was a Wanda and Cosmo (Fairly Odd Parents) near us who were trying to colour the girl's hair pink and they noticed us watching, yelled "Bucky!" and gave me a really cute star saying "You're a star!" Also saw Warwick Davis, didn't get a photo because the queue was ridiculous, but the Iron Throne was awesome! I tried to get on it but Superman was taking his sweet time on it so we went to get food instead :D. Got a couple of Captain America comics as well, and some gorgeous cupcakes, as well as some pretty cool cookie cutters :)

Photos:

Also...the weird week...um...I'm kinda...going to be on TV next week?? I'm talking like a national news channel?? My college wants me to do publicity for them on camera for results day, like I needed anything else to worry about lol - I've got my driving test and A-Level results in the space of two days!

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:31 am

That sounds so awesome, Sapphire! :D Can't wait to check out the pics later when I have more time.

And congrats on your tv appearance! Maybe post a clip for us when it's complete? :)

Gryffi

GryffindorAdministratorPremium Member

Postby Gryffi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:27 pm

o: You will be a star! You should post a clip if you can/don't mind us watching. I'd like to see

Sapphire

Ravenclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sapphire » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:51 am

GUESS WHO GOT INTO UNI?? WHOOP WHOOP! :D I got A*, A* , B, D (though tbh I expected a U lol) Got a confirmed place for Classics & Egyptology :) And luckily I didn't end up on TV (thank god!) but I had to have photos done - I've only seen one which was pretty good, though the pro photographers made me have these enormous A balloons and mademe put my head through them hole in one of them...very cringy...but it could have been worse :D I'm so excited now!

HazelMagic

Ravenclaw

Postby HazelMagic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Congrats Sapph! That's excellent news! Excellent A level results :) My best friend is doing his PhD in classics, so I know all about it... Second hand! It's absolutely fascinating and i think you'll love it.

Pity about the awkward photographs... Why do they always have to make things weird?

I've also been missing a lot recently.... Life went weird and time consuming... And then i got bronchitis. And broke my laptop power cable. So life is weird... But it's mostly good weird :)

Lindsay

HufflepuffPremium Member

Postby Lindsay » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:40 am

Fantastic news, Sapphire! So exciting!! Congrats and good luck! :D

Sorry to hear about the bronchitis, and broken laptop cable, and weirdness, Hazel! Hope you are feeling better!

2 weeks until my little Nugget begins 1st grade. He turned 6 this past Saturday (though we have been celebrating almost the whole summer--nah, he's not spoiled much :roll: ). I am so ready for Fall and for the school year routine to begin! This Summer has been too hectic (not to mention oppressively humid) for my liking. I am just ready for our routine to smooth back out, the traffic to dissipate, and the humidity to break. :)

Elena

HufflepuffGlobal Moderator

Postby Elena » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

*blows dust off*

Thought I'd pop in here and dust this old thread off and see how everyone was doing. Crazy and hectic, right? ;)

That's great news Sapphire! Congrats :D
Hope you are feeling better Hazel. Good weird is always good thing...I think :P
Kids grow up too fast! I hope your son is enjoying first grade Lindsay. :)

I've just been busy with the kids and life. We ran into some personal family issues over the past few months but slowly it's all getting better. We are also planning a big family pumpkin patch trip. My sister and her daughter are going for her first trip, which will be fun. :D

Crazy question...has anyone started Christmas shopping? :shock: I should but haven't yet. We also have birthdays before and after Christmas so it's all jammed packed into a few months!

Return to “The Leaky Cauldron”